Launch of the Law Family Commission on Civil Society
1 December 2020, 11:00am
Join Pro Bono Economics and our senior panel of speakers on 1 December for the launch of the Law Family Commission on Civil Society, the new and ambitious programme of ground-breaking research into how to unleash the potential of civil society in the 2020s.
Confirmed speakers at this online event include:
- Lord Gus O’Donnell, Commission Chair and former Cabinet Secretary
- Oliver Dowden MP, Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport
- Rachel Reeves MP, Shadow Minister for the Cabinet Office
- Andy Haldane, Chief Economist of the Bank of England and PBE founder
- Vidhya Alakeson, CEO of Power to Change
- Joel Davis, CEO of Tutors United
- James Timpson, CEO of Timpson Ltd
Pro Bono Economics, with the generous support of the Law Family Charitable Foundation, is launching an ambitious programme of ground-breaking research into how can we unleash the potential of civil society to harness and enhance the powerful community bonds that exist in our nation.
The Law Family Commission on Civil Society will be led by 17 Commissioners drawn from all three sectors of the economy – private, public and social, including former politicians, philanthropists and leaders of charities, universities, businesses and community groups. The two-year Commission will be a research and policy project designed to focus in a very detailed way on the past, present and future of civil society in the UK.